Under-represented Student Scholarship
ARMC Emergency Department is proud to offer a scholarship available to rotating medical students from a community Under-Represented in Medicine (URM). Eligible EM specialty bound medical students must be from a US medical school, demonstrate a financial hardship, and be a member of an URM minority community. The scholarship is open to current MS4 applying for an EM rotation at ARMC now through December 2022, and MS3 applying for a rotation April through December 2023.
This scholarship offers reimbursement for travel and housing for a month-long rotation up to $2500 per student. Interested students may apply via email by submitting a one paragraph personal statement explaining why you are deserving. Please send the email to EMStudent@armc.sbcounty.gov with “scholarship application” in the subject line. You will be notified of our decision via email. The rotation will still be scheduled and processed by the normal VSLO/VSAS rotating student process.
Unified Interview Release Date
The Unified Interview Release Date (County Unified Release Date) for the 2022-23 Recruitment Season will be as follows:
- Interview Invitation Notifications – Wednesday, October 19th 6:00pm EST
- Interview Scheduling Opens – Thursday, October 20th 6:00pm EST
In alignment with the recommendations set forth by the The Coalition for Physician Accountability:
- We will conduct all interviews virtually this year for all applicants
- We require two letters of recommendation minimum, one of which needs to be an eSLOE
ARMC Emergency Department is very excited about your interest in rotating with us. For those interested in our EM residency, we do offer rolling interviews, so apply early.
During your 4 weeks with us, you’ll be working in one of the busiest emergency departments and trauma centers in California. With an average daily census of around 300 patients, ARMC treats over 100,000 people each year. You will be exposed to a wide variety of medical problems. With a high census, diverse pathology, and a hands-on approach to teaching, the emergency medicine rotation at ARMC will be a great learning experience. Remember, you’ll get out of this rotation what you put into it, we encourage you to see patients, ask questions, be involved, and most of all, have fun!
ARMC does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
- Please include EMStudent@armc.sbcounty.gov in all your email correspondence.
- Students from Loma Linda, UC Riverside, Western University, and St George’s for rotations in the ED. For students from these schools, please go here to apply. Don’t forget to also cc EMStudent@armc.sbcounty.gov.
- All other students can apply via VSLO/VSAS through AAMC.
- If your rotation dates fall between Jun 13 – Aug 2023, we start accepting applications on Jan 1, 2023 @ midnight PST
- If your rotation dates fall between Sep – Nov 2023, we start accepting applications on Apr 1, 2023 @ midnight PST
- If your rotation dates fall between Dec 2023, Jan – Feb 2024, we start accepting applications on Jul 1, 2023 @ midnight PST
- If your rotation dates fall between Mar – May 2024, we start accepting applications on Oct, 2023 @ midnight PST3
- Applications sent via fax will not be accepted.
- Any requests received before the accepted date/time will be deleted.
- When sending in an application the Subject line must read ARMC application
- When sending in a question the Subject line must read ARMC question
- Please read the Student Handbook before starting your rotation
- Then take the EM Student Orientation Quiz