We realize that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many EM bound students’ rotations were either severely disrupted or canceled. For the upcoming application cycle, our program will require only ONE letter of recommendation, but SLOE is preferred. We will consider all SLOE’s, including the one written by the student’s home institution.
In alignment with the recommendations set forth by the The Coalition for Physician Accountability,
- We will conduct all interviews virtually this year for all applicants
- We will only require one letter of recommendation (SLOE preferred, home institution SLOE will be accepted as well)
- Students will not be penalized for not having away EM rotations
ARMC Emergency Department is very excited about your interest in rotating with us. For those interested in our EM residency, we do offer rolling interviews, so apply early.
During your 4 weeks with us, you’ll be working in one of the busiest emergency departments and trauma centers in California. With an average daily census of
around 300 patients, ARMC treats over 100,000 people each year. You will be exposed to a wide variety of medical problems. With a high census, diverse pathology, and a hands-on approach to teaching, the emergency medicine rotation at ARMC will be a great learning experience. Remember, you’ll get out of this rotation what you put into it, we encourage you to see patients, ask questions, be involved, and most of all, have fun!
ARMC does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
- Please include email@example.com in all your email correspondence.
- Students from Loma Linda, UC Riverside, Western University, and St George’s for rotations in the ED. For students from these schools, please go here to apply. Don’t forget to also cc firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All other students can apply via VSLO/VSAS through AAMC.
|If your rotation dates fall between:||We start accepting applications on:|
|June 13, 2020, July and August 2020||January 1, 2020 @ midnight PST|
|September, October and November 2020||April 1, 2020 @ midnight PST|
|December , January , and February 2021||July 1, 2020 @ midnight PST|
|March, April and May 2021||October 1, 2020 @ midnight PST|
- Applications sent via fax will not be accepted.
- Any requests received before the accepted date/time will be deleted.
- When sending in an application the Subject line must read ARMC application
- When sending in a question the Subject line must read ARMC question